HEALTHY FUTURES OF TEXAS was established as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation in 2006.
Our mission is to reduce teen and unplanned pregnancy in San Antonio and Texas in order to support the development of strong families and positively impact the future of our community.
Healthy Futures promotes and provides the strategies that work to prevent teen and unplanned pregnancy in San Antonio and Texas by:
- Bringing the best of science-based approaches to empower parents, teens, and young adults; and
- Developing a common-ground approach that the community can support.
We envision a community where:
- Young people are empowered to make healthy, informed decisions about sex
- Planned pregnancies are the norm
- All parents are prepared for the challenges of parenthood—physically, emotionally, financially, and in their relationships, and
- All children are wanted and cared for.
What we believe:
- We believe the prevention of teen and unplanned pregnancy is in the best interest of young people, families, and our community.
- We believe in using approaches that are science-based and culturally sensitive.
- We believe in respecting and valuing teens and young adults and their families.
- We believe that parents and communities play a key role in reducing teen and unplanned pregnancy.
- We believe that teens and young adults should be recognized as assets and involved as partners in their community.
- We believe the prevention of teen and unplanned pregnancy will improve the health and economic prosperity of Texas.
- We believe parents should be the primary sexuality educators of their children.